VTS-6 - 4" Diameter
The VTS-6 is the first kit in our Missile Collector Series.
In 1983 LTV offered the VTS-6 (Vought Target System 6), a derivative of the ALVRJ/STM design, as its entry into the Navy's (Supersonic Low-Altitude Target) competition. The VTS-6 missile was essentially identical to the ALVRJ vehicle except for a slightly longer fuselage to accommodate additional target-specific equipment.
Length: 78 1/2 inches
Motor Mount: 54mm
Approximate Weight: 9.2 lbs.
Will fly on I through L motors
Content of Kit:
- 36" x 4" pre-slotted canvas phenolic booster tube
- 20" x 4" canvas phenolic payload tube
- 54mm x 20" kraft phenolic motor tube
- 5:1 Pinnacle nosecone -- 19 1/2" exposed
- (4) 3/16" canvas phenolic beveled fins
- (4) Canvas phenolic ramjet intakes (36 pieces)
- 3/8" fore C ring with integrated shock cord attachment system that includes 3/8" tubular Kevlar booster harness
- 1/4" mid C ring
- 3/8" altimeter bay bulkheads with machined step to engage coupler
- Stainless steel forged eye nuts
- 4" x 1" switch band
- 10" long machined phenolic coupler/altimeter bay
- Altimeter bay includes: (2) aluminum 1/4" all thread rods,
3 1/2" x 5 1/2" long 3-D printed sled
- Steel forged eye nuts
- ABS printed tailcone (black)
- Aluminum deployment charge canisters
- Includes all necessary hardware
- Assembly instructions included (does not include motor retainer)
NOTE: This kit contains 76 pieces, including 3-D printed, Avbay board & tailcone and a set of our Aluminum deployment charge canisters.
Picture provided by Matthew Slater, CO. of his VTS-6.