VTS-6 - 4" Diameter
The VTS-6 is part of our Missile Collector Series. (This kit is for the advanced builder, over 70 pieces). This kit is now being made in the new XX phenolic airframe.
In 1983 LTV offered the VTS-6 (Vought Target System 6), a derivative of the ALVRJ/STM design, as its entry into the Navy's (Supersonic Low-Altitude Target) competition. The VTS-6 missile was essentially identical to the ALVRJ vehicle except for a slightly longer fuselage to accommodate additional target-specific equipment.
Length: 78 1/2 inches
Motor Mount: 54mm
Approximate Weight: 9.2 lbs.
Will fly on I through L motors
Content of Kit:
- 36" x 4" pre-slotted new XX phenolic booster tube (includes 11” section of FWFG at top of booster)
- 20" x 4" new XX phenolic payload tube
- 54mm new XX phenolic motor tube
- 5:1 Pinnacle nosecone -- 19 1/2" exposed/optional fiberglass nosecone
- (4) 3/16" canvas phenolic beveled fins
- (4) Canvas phenolic ramjet intakes (36 pieces)
- 1/4" fore C ring with integrated shock cord attachment system that includes 3/8" tubular Kevlar booster harness
- 3/16" mid C ring
- 3/16"aft C ring
- 3/16" altimeter bay bulkheads with machined step to engage coupler
- Stainless steel forged eye nuts
- 4" x 1" switch band
- 10" long machined phenolic coupler/altimeter bay
- Altimeter bay includes: (2) aluminum 1/4" all thread rods,
3 1/2" x 5 1/2" long 3-D printed sled
- ABS printed tailcone (black)
- Includes all necessary hardware
- Assembly instructions included (does not include motor retainer)
NOTE: Due to the weight of the booster, we strongly recommend you fly your VTS-6 with a 24" drogue chute.
Note: You can upgrade your kit with a 4" 6:1 Wildman filament wound fiberglass Von Karman nosecone.
Picture provided by Matthew Slater, CO. of his VTS-6.